Central Medical Supplies Ltd are committed to protecting your personal data. Our Privacy Notice explains detailed types of personal data we may collect about you when you contact us. It also explains how we’ll store, handle and keep it secure.
When we collect data
- When you visit cmsshop.co.uk website, and use your account to purchase products
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest
- When you create an account with us
- When you purchase a product or service in our offices or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When hiring a breastpump
- When you contact us on social media
- When you contact us with queries, complaints etc. For example, if a compliant is received we may collect your personal data.
- When you ask for information to be emailed to you regarding a product or service.
- When you enter competitions
- When you review our products and services
- When you fill in any forms on any of our websites including cmsshop.co.uk, www.drbrowns.co.uk, www.centralmedical.co.uk, www.aximed.org.uk, www.dreamgenii.co.uk, www.drbrownsbaby.ie.
- When signing up to receive newsletters
- If the law requires, we may collect and process your data to pass onto people involved in fraud or other criminal activity
What data do we collect?
- If you have an online account with www.cmsshop.co.uk your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- As and when necessary we collect and store details for as long as required
- Details of your communications with us through ‘contact us’ forms filled in online or telephone conversations. For example, we collect details of any complaints or comments you make, details of your purchases, how and when you contacted us. This includes details of your name and full address.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, complaints or feedback etc.
How we use your data
- To process any orders that you make by using our website or telephone. If we don’t collect your personal data, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To deliver any of our competitions prizes which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering
- To process some orders, we need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (delivery courier). Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to deliver your order
- How we protect your data
When it comes to keeping your data secure, we ensure that it is protected with care.
All our websites use ‘https’ technology which is used to protect page authenticity on all types of websites. This ensures that all communications are private.
On our transactional website www.cmsshop.co.uk, access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
How long do you keep my data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
For example, when an order is placed we will keep this personal data for 7 years, so we can comply with our legal, financial and contractual obligations.
Who do you share my data with?
We share your personal data with our trusted third parties including couriers, suppliers and order processing websites such as Sage Pay.
Your rights for your personal data (including employees)
As a data subject, you have a legal right, under EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to find out about our use of your personal data as follows:
- Confirmation that your personal data is being processed by us;
- Access to your personal data;
- How we use your personal data and why;
- Details of any sharing or transfers of your personal data;
- How long we hold your personal data;
- Details of your rights under the GDPR including, but not limited to, your rights to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time and/or to object to our processing of it.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out how we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions, please contact our Operations Director who will be able to help:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Central Medical Supplies Ltd, CMS House, Fynney Fields, Brooklands Way, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 7QG